Frontier Natural Products, Whole Lavender Flowers, 16 oz (453 g)
Why Health Central USA?
* Nation-Wide Shipping!
* Local Dallas delivery coming soon! We are building out the online infrastructure now.
* Quality - We offer the biggest selection of name brand products.
* No Restock Fees - Our competitors charge restock fees because they know you will be returning their inferior products.
* Lowest Price Guaranteed (Must be the exact same item / UPC code at retail price).
* Easy Returns - We even supply the return address label.
* Refunds Go back to the form of payment you used - Our competition gives you store credit because they know you will never use it.
* Longest Warranty Period Available - We encourage you to compare our warranty period to our competitors.
* Flexible Payment Options Including - (Shop Pay, Amazon Pay, PayPal, G Pay, Credit Card, Apple Pay).
* Amazon Pay - You can use your Amazon account for a quick easy checkout & rest assured if something goes wrong you have their backing to make it right.
* PayPal - You can use your PayPal account for a quick easy checkout & rest assured if something goes wrong you have their backing to make it right.
* Don't have any money?? No Problem! Use PayPal Credit. Simply choose the PayPal Option during your checkout. Once logged in choose the pay later option.
* 4.7 out of 5 Star Google Seller Rating / Product Reviews (Don't take chances buying from a store with no reviews).
* Featured Google Trusted Store Verified Reviews.
* American / English Speaking Customer Service Reps / Domestic Returns.
- We specialize in sourcing hard-to-find and high-demand products. Often times these products are experiencing a sudden surge in demand. ( For example, a surge in demand due to a celebrity using a certain product or a social media video with the product that has gone viral.) This oftentimes results in intermittent stock-outs that can happen within minutes of receiving stock.
- Our area of expertise is delivering products within the continental USA.
- We currently fulfill over 23,500 orders each month.
- In addition to shipping and delivering to the entire continental USA, we also try to support our local Dallas community with excellent shipping rates and fast delivery.
At Health Central USA, we are proud to be the largest supplier of high-quality health supplements and vitamins in the United States. Our online store, HealthCentralUSA.com, offers a wide variety of genuine products that have undergone numerous studies and tests to ensure their high potency. We have over 100,000 products available, including the best brands from around the world. Our goal is to fulfill our customers' daily nutritional and supplement needs with affordable prices and exclusive deals and offers. Whether you're looking for supplements for weight loss, vitamins, protein, iron, magnesium, natural products, hair loss, or Medical, we have you covered. Our customer service team is available 24/7 to assist you with any queries, and all payments are 100% secure. Shop smarter by comparing prices of similar products from different brands and choose what suits you best. With over 500,000 regular customers, Health Central USA is the most trusted online vitamin and supplement store. Empower your body and lead a healthy, fulfilling life with Health Central USA.
- Lavandula Angustifolia
The fresh, sweet aroma of lavender has relaxing and uplifting qualities that leave users with a sense of calm and balance, making it one of today's most popular scents. Lavender is a gentle, multi-purpose herb. Lavender flowers have been used throughout history, to encourage love and passion, as a soothing component in skin care, hair care and cosmetic products, and in an array of perfumes, colognes and bath products.
The Plant: With 21 species and numerous sub-species, hybrids and cultivars, lavenders can be found in many sizes and in colors from purple to blue to nearly white hues. The small woody shrubs are native to the Mediterranean region, Middle East and India but are cultivated all over the world. Lavender is a popular garden plant and can be grown in most temperate regions in well-drained soil in a sunny area.
Lavender flowers have a fresh, sweet, floral, herb-like aroma, generally enjoyed by both men and women. The flowers are harvested when in full bloom, usually being stripped from the flower spike, but sometimes dried on the spike to make lavender flower wands. Lavender flower petals are fused together in a tubular shape and the color of true lavender flowers is a grey-blue.
Constituents of Note: The essential oil, which is present in lavender flowers at 1 to 2%, is responsible for the characteristic fragrance and the beneficial properties of lavender flowers. Lavender essential oil is distilled from lavender flowers and is the most important and most popular aromatherapy essential oil in the U.S. Components of lavender essential oil include linalyl acetate (30-55%, with higher levels present in lavender grown at higher altitudes) and linalool (30-40%). Camphor, a very minor constituent in true lavender (maximum of 1%) is present at three times the levels in lavandin and measuring camphor is a way to identify lavender flowers adulterated with lavandin.
Quality: Lavender flowers are grey-blue in color with minimal amounts of brows or grey flowers. The flowers of lavender must be harvested before they get too mature or the petals will break off during drying and handling. Good quality lavender flowers contain little or no stem. Lavender essential oil is the most adulterated aromatherapy oil in the U.S., often being a mixture of lavender and lavandin essential oils or even lavandin essential oil labeled as lavender essential oil. Dried lavender flowers are also often adulterated with lavandin flowers. Lavandin is the hybrid of true lavender and spike lavender, and has its own uses, but different aromatherapy properties than true lavender. Because it is has higher yields of both flowers and essential oil than true lavender, it is used as an adulterant. We GC (gas chromatography) test every batch to insure that of are our lavender flowers are always pure lavender.
Did you know? Lavender scented handkerchiefs and lavender swooning pillows on the "fainting couch" were popular with Victorian women prone to overexcitement and fainting.
Lavender Tea: Pour one cup of hot water over 1 teaspoon of lavender flowers and steep 3 to 5 minutes.
Lavender Facial Steam: Add 1/2 cup lavender flowers to 2 quarts of hot water, simmer over low heat until steam starts to rise, then remove from heat. Hold face over pot (make sure it is comfortable and not too hot) and cover head with a towel for up to 10 minutes.
Lavender Bath: Place 1 cup of flowers in a muslin bag or cloth and tie closed. Place in tub and soak. (Replace half the lavender flowers with oatmeal to make an effective herbal washcloth.)
Lavender Body Powder: Mix 2 ounces of finely ground lavender flowers with 2 ounces of white clay, let stand for a few days. Sift out any large particles and apply.
The lavender flowers and lavender essential oil are one of the most popular ingredients in herbal sachets, creams and lotions, shampoos, facial steams, baths, body powders salves and liniments, and perfumes. It can be found anywhere that lavender's relaxing scent or balancing and rejuvenating properties are beneficial.
Lavender is often mixed with other relaxing herbs such as lemon balm and chamomile.
Herbal pillows are another way to enjoy lavender and other relaxing herbs.
Lavender sachets can be used to scent linens and clothes and keep them fresh smelling through the winter months.
Lavender water (simply an infusion made with lavender flowers) makes a fragrant skin toner or aftershave and it helps sooth irritates skin.
And the flowers are also used in potpourris, sachets, crafting and home décor.
The Botanical Safety Handbook* classifies lavender flowers as:
Class:1 Herbs which can be safely consumed when used appropriately.
Per the German Commission E Monograph**for lavender flowers, there are no known contraindications, side effects or drug interactions.
*Michael McGuffin, ed., American Herbal Products Association's Botanical Safety Handbook, (New York: CRC Press, 1997)
**Mark Blumenthal, ed., The Complete German Commission E Monographs, (Austin TX: Integrative Medicine Communications, 1998
While HealthCentralUSA strives to ensure the accuracy of its product images and information, some manufacturing changes to packaging and/or ingredients may be pending update on our site. Although items may occasionally ship with alternate packaging, freshness is always guaranteed. We recommend that you read labels, warnings and directions of all products before use and not rely solely on the information provided by HealthCentralUSA.